What is a cookie?
A "cookie" is a small amount of text that is stored in your browser (such as Google's Chrome or Apple's Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie
It is not a virus, not a Trojan, not a worm, not spam, not spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information is collected by a cookie?
Cookies do not usually collect sensitive information about an individual, such as their credit card or bank details, pictures, or their personal information, etc. It collects technical and statistical data on their personal preferences for the personalisation of content, etc.
The web server does not associate information to a person but to a web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Chrome and then access the same website with the Firefox browser, you will notice that the website does not recognise that it is the same person accessing the page, because the information is linked to the browser, not to the person.
What types of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: these are the basic ones, and among other things, they determine whether it is a human or an automated application that is accessing the website, and whether the user is anonymous or whether they have registered with the website; basic tasks for the functioning of any dynamic website.Cookies de análisis: Recogen información sobre el tipo de navegación que está realizando, las secciones que más utiliza, productos consultados, franja horaria de uso, idioma, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these collect information about the type of browsing, the most commonly accessed sections and consulted products, the time zone where the website is being accessed from and the language, etc.
- Advertisement cookies: these show advertisements based on the user´s browsing history, home country, language, etc.
What is the difference between our cookies and third-party cookies?
Our cookies are generated by the website that you are visiting, i.e., our website, whereas third-party cookies are generated by external services or suppliers such as Mailchimp, Mailrelay, Facebook, Twitter, Google adsense, etc.
Which cookies are used on this website?
This website uses both our own cookies and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website:
Signing in: sign in cookies allow you to sign in and out of your account.
Personalisation: these cookies help us to remember the people and websites you have interacted with so we can show you related content.
Preferences: these cookies allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as preferred language and privacy setup.
This website uses analysis services, in particular, Google Analytics to analyse the users´use of the website and improve its usability, however, under no circumstances will this permit user identification. Google Analytics is an analytic service developed by Google, Inc., You may check the type of cookies that are used by Google here.
Social media cookies can be stored in your browser while browsing https://www.supermercadocidon.es For example, when you use the button to share content from https://www.supermercadocidon.es in some social network.
You can consult information about the social media cookies that are used on this website in each network´s cookies policy:
- Facebook cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- Twitter cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- Instagram cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- Google+ cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- LinkedIn cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- Pinterest cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
- YouTube cookies, see more information in their cookies policy
We perform these actions to collect statistical information about your browsing habits and offer you personalised advertisements based on your interests and preferences.
We perform remarketing actions with Facebook ads, in which cookies are used to help us deliver online advertisements based on previous visits to our website. We perform remarketing actions through Twitter ads, in which cookies are used to help us deliver online advertisements based on previous visits to our website
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only can they be deleted, but they can also be blocked either in general or for a specific domain.
To delete a website´s cookies you must click on your browser´s settings where you will be able to search the cookies associated to certain domains and delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you wish to have greater control over the installation of cookies, you can also install programmes or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose which cookies you wish to allow.